Laudato Si' Sites
The Holy See offers the original, authoritative version of Laudato Si' (English Version). See also Evangelii Gaudium by Francesco and Caritas in Veritate by Pope Benedict.
As I survey the literature on LSi, I collect links to sites that the reader may find useful, below. I provide a brief explanation of the message carried through that link. I may add my personal remarks after a line break with the introduction REM. I welcome suggestions by readers as to sites to add with your remarks if you so wish. [Break down into categories.]
- The Holy See gathers videos on Laudato Si'. Fr. Daniel Horan, OFM, offers a series of videos that explain Laudato Si'.
- ecojesuit provides a brief review of LSi by Anthony Annett, PhD, for COP22: Connection, disconnection, reconnection: The radical vision of Laudato si’. The theme of a connected world opposes the founding ideologies of modernity that alienate us from each other and Earth. Thus, LSi carries a radical message that binds us together.
Memo: The essential dynamic offered in LSi is that the love of Jesus active through each of us in the world binds us to our neighbor, to the Earth around us, and to God. Pope Francis warns that to rupture any of these connections constitutes a sin and a violation of the mission of Christ on Earth. Re-inhabitation around Integral Ecology occurs through a spiritual conversion building on these vital relationships. St. Francis epitomizes such connections to the Earth, to the poor, and to God. Dr. Annett captures that vision in his brief article in an important source of active spirtual renewal in the World, ecojesuit.
- Fr Bruce Duncan, a Redemporist, offers a thoughtful discussion of Integral Development. Fr Duncan sites a Wikipedia article on neoliberalism, an ideology challenged by Papal Encyclicals.
- Sister Ilia Delia opens up to the path of Teilhard. See her biography.
- Global Catholic Climate Movement gets the meaning of EJ and provides a section on Laudato Si' and an eco-parish pdf guide.
- The Diocese of St. Clair, MN, provides an initiative on LSi.
- Pope Francis visits Obama White House to speak to themes of Laudato Si'.
- Liberal-leaning religious groups, in part inspired by Pope Francis, join the political fray in the USA.
- On August 17, 2016, Pope Francis has instituted a Dicastry for Promoting Integral Human Development, appointing Cardinal Peter Turkson of Ghana as its Prefect.